Tuesday 2 December 2014

Production Diary - 02/12/14



Today after school I completed my studio shoot for my music video. I first set up the lights in the studio and positioned them till I was happy with how they suited the image I wanted to convey.  I then changed the aperture of the camera to F/5.6 as I believed the lights were too bright. To film my video I used a selection of different camera equipment including a tripod and steadicam. The main purpose of the tripod was to support the camera, I used the tripod for the majority of my video as it enabled me to take good quality footage without the use of camera shake. I also used a steadicam to capture the movement of the camera. For example, I used the steadicam to capture a panning shot of the artist singing to the song to show a diverse of different camera shots and movements. At first, I found the steadicam quite hard to work with as I had never used it before and found my footage to be quite shaky. However, after a while I soon got used to working with the steadicam and held the equipment with more grip which made my footage more stable. I made sure when I was filming Aaron that I filmed him lip-syncing to the whole song as my teacher recommended to film the actor miming to the entire song than a separate verse or chorus. Overall, I took a total of 5 clips from different angles of my artist singing the entire song.


For some parts of my video, I positioned my artist to sit in a chair and sing while looking at a photograph of my other characters displayed in my music video; Victor and Sam hugging. This is similar to the Script’s music video ‘Breakeven’ as the main artist, Danny O'Donoghue is shown to look at a picture of him and his girlfriend on his phone, reflecting on his past relationship. I tried to imitate this in my own video as I asked Aaron to look down at the photograph. To see a backstage video from my shoot, click the post: 'Music Video: Behind the Scenes'

No comments:

Post a Comment